View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb0gaz
Last night I installed 4.1.0.268 onto my Verizon 7130e (from whatever version was present at manufacture time in late 2005), which had been plagued by "data connection refused" problems and (probably) associated short battery life. Anyway, today is first day "on the air" (in Denver, CO) with the fix, and it is a MAJOR change for the better. I have had NONE of the data connection refused states today (I would normally have 4-6 episodes by now), and while in my office what was usually a 1X indicator is now always 1XEV (in fact, I've not seen 1X today, and would see it at some locations before.)

As an added bonus, the javascript problems preventing proper use with "outlook web access 2003" websites appear to all be corrected - I've been able to send e-mails and interact with the calendar features, which I could not do before.

The only observation I have about the update process itself is that near the end of the cycle (waiting for the final phone reboot) the phone sits in it's boot-up stage (the rotating hourglass) for an abnormally long time (maybe 10-15 minutes); there is no mention of this long restart in the documentation, and if interrupted, it might cause problems, so just be patient there.

The software can be found at url dts.vzw.com

Dave
Thanks for the report. The new firmware also helps with the Bluetooth crashing problems reported on the fourms.
Offline   Reply With Quote