View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
ollywompus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default 7105t comes today! Couple of questions...

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, so i'm pretty stoked because my first BB, the 7105t, will be here today from T-mo. I had a couple of questions for you all, since T-Mo's documentation is, well, sparse at best.

1.) I noticed that there are two downloads available through my.t-mobile.com for the blackberry... one being the updated Desktop software, the second being what appears to be an OS update. However, I've seen a lot of people talking about OS 4.1 on here, while the update from T-Mobile is marked as 4.0.2.49. Can anyone tell me what the difference is... and if I should be using 4.1, where to get it?

2.) I'm a linux user, with the only place I have a Windows machine being at work. I read a post (somewhere, not on here, probably on HoFo) that someone had said you can't USB charge the BB because there aren't any Linux drivers... can anyone elaborate on this (or confirm or deny it at the very least)? It seemed odd to me, since most devices will still draw power from the USB port, even if there aren't the drivers in the OS to support connections to them (my mp3 player, for example, has no native Linux support, but will still trickle charge via USB).

Thanks for all the help, looking forward to getting this thing up and running! I've been using Symbian smartphones for almost 3 years, so this is quite the transition.

Thanks in advance,

-olly

Last edited by ollywompus : 04-13-2006 at 11:04 AM.