View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj0005
Always with the corporate b.s.!! Oh well, I guess we have to wait.
I am a border line diabetic whatever that means, and on occassions if I do not watch myself I have to use glipizide pills, for the most part I am ok, but even though I would not be in a tremendous need for this software it would be nice to know or to have when you do need it. I think we have to individually start plugging at these companies out there so that they see that the interest and need do excist. Companies claim to do research and in many cases I am sure that they do but I would be willing to bet donuts to dollars (catch the irony in that) that this has not been researched and they might simply be going on with some either outdated or misplaced research.

I am further sure that if I was a full blown diabetic and was in need of this application and it did exist that if I went to my boss and explained the need, even if there was an IT Policy restriction that something could be done to allow he usage. After all this is a medical condition not a whim.

We have plenty of BES admins here, what would you say, do you think that your company may be willing to make an excemption on medical grounds to accomodate us if we needed it?

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki : 04-27-2006 at 09:52 AM.