View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
slimbim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0

well, ok this is what i am trying to do. One of our BES servers here supports users in Europe, with their exchange server over there. Due to some latency and the amount of data (calendar entries, address book, emails) that the users over there have, the wireless enterprise activation takes forever, and does not complete all the time. So I am trying to get them to do desktop activation initially, and then use wireless sync after that, instead of doing the activation wirelessly.

I have a test device here that I am tring to test the Desktop Activation with, as I've never done it. I have and all users have always done wireless activation. As is the case over there, it won't be the end users doing the initial activation but one of the admins.

So say I am an admin, and trying to do Desktop Activation for one of the users. I would have to create a mail profile with their email account on my machine, and then connect the Desktop Manager to that profile and do Intellisync correct? This is what Desktop Activation is?

Do I have to know the password for the user's account for Desktop Manager to connect to the user's profile?

Thanks.