View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 1

I'll reply to this poll for myself too:

1. I love the "always-on" feel of IM on BlackBerry. Being able to run Verichat all the time on the BlackBerry 24/7 and use IM like a telephone or email.
2. I have mainly used WebMessenger and Verichat, which are the two best ones in my opinion. I briefly tested out IM+ and found it to be relatively poor. BlackChat is nice but very limited, only working on the ICQ network.
3. I use mainly Verichat now. I was using WebMessenger until Verichat became mature enough.
4. Yes it is better! Why? Because the BlackBerry thumb keyboard is very good, and the always-on capability makes it better on the BlackBerry for my own usage. Running the software in the background for 100 hours nonstop without needing to run to a power outlet at the end of the day.

(Note: I'm also a Verichat beta tester -- A new version just came out that is much better than older versions of Verichat -- please see "New Verichat 1.78 Download - No BES Needed - TMobile Works". It's even vastly superior to the IM chat software built into the 7100t / 7100r / 7100v / 7100x which is not nearly as good as Verichat.)