View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycrazyy
I have also not tried using the web client with my AOL mail, but maybe I'll try that a little later and see how it works.
Thanks for the info. Give this a try and let me know how it works. Specifically, I need to know how it handles the whole "new mail"/"old mail" folder thing.

Reqwireless has a program called "GotMail Viewer" which checks AOL mail. But in their FAQ's, they state that all mail that is checked by this program automatically shifts from the "new mail" folder to the "old mail" folder. This is a problem for me because AOL automatically deletes mail from the "old mail" folder after a few days. Sometimes I use my phone to check email when I'm away for a couple of weeks, and I need an interface that lets me have full control. I need to be able to keep certain emails as new, delete others, etc. And I don't want to have to go through all the junk emails a second time after I come back from vacation.......I want to do it once from my phone and have them gone from the server. I'm not sure if the Blackberry Web Client will allow this or not......I may have to go the Smartphone route.