View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 02:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
clintlawson

Model: 7100T
Post Thanks: 0
Question MAPI config problems BES/Exchange 2003

Please Login to Remove!

I have just installed BES 4.1 on our Exchange Front End server that we only use for webmail access. Services seem to be started but when I open the Blackberry Manager it gets the following error "failed to open the default message store using the MAPI profile "blackberrymanager" PLease review the log for details. You will not be able to send messages from the Blackberry manager by email." I will use the following example for how I have configured my MAPI profile by running the "Edit MAPI profile" that is part of the BES.

Our Back End Exchange Server name is: Susan-01
Our Front End Exchange Server name is: Susan-02

Susan-02 is where I have installed the BES and this server also acts as our Outlook Webmail Access server.

mailserver-susan-01
account-besadmin

I have noticed that there is not anywhere to enter the password for this mailbox account. I have also read a few threads that speak of having MS Outlook installed on the BES server and creating the send mail profile there. I have a feeling that installing Outlook on my Frontend is not the greatest idea. Does anyone know what I need to do so that I can send mail from the Blackberry manager on this server? Any help would be awesome! THANKS!

Last edited by clintlawson : 06-12-2006 at 02:48 AM.