View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
dshrout

Model: 7250
Post Thanks: 0
Default Desktop Redirection Help and Questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I have been scowling the internet for a few days on trying to figure out how to get this setup and I haven't had any luck. Let me explain what I am trying to accomplish and what the scenario is.

I want to use the desktop redirector to redirect my company email to my blackberry. Sounds simple right? Well in our company we don't have a static ip address so our internet email is carried out through a pop account and the inner office email, (the main email I want to get synced) calander, contacts, etc. is carried by exchange (the server runs SBS 2003).

This is what I have seen and setup so far. I have installed the desktop software and selected the profile I wanted to use (there was only one) for the email. Well after getting everything synced up I sent my first test email from my blackberry to a gmail account. Success! I thought I was ready to hit the road with my new phone and service, that was until I realized the address the email came from was our internal address (Argh). Out of curiousity I sent a email from my gmail account to my office email account and the blackberry didn't recieve the message. After reading the manual and such I change the setting in the redirector to "over ride" my internal address (dshrout@directpc.mine.nu) to my normal email address (dshrout@4directcomputer.com). Still nothing.

Well I then noticed the redirector said "Disabled" and the status box was "verifying the forwarding address". Is there any way I can fix this? Do I have to do anything on exchange? I have seen articles of using pop forwarders within exchange is this what I need to setup?