View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
h-town8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjleo
Cingular is very different from Sprint, dont even go there. Better coverage, voice quality, data speeds i could go on and on...yes our prices are a little higher, but you get what you pay for *shrug* and we dont extend your contract every time you do so much as ask us a question.

Dont want anybody getting butthurt so ill apologise in advance. There is a reason T-Mo is cheaper than us and verizon, and its not that they are just nice guys. They just dont compare, period. Not in coverage, not in dropped calls, definitely not in data speed. I hear they have good customer care tho =)

And yes i think its a crock you dont get unlimited txt msg with a BB Unl plan...ANY plan. Im with you brother!

Hoiwever we are rolling out our new messaging/data plans this month! you are going to be getting alot more for you hard earned $$$ i think everyone will be impressed!
jdjleo: Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with you that you get what you pay for. And you hit the nail on the head as to why I'm leaving Sprint (if you sneeze they re-up you for two years). My apologies, as I was not trying to make a direct comparison of Cingular vs. Sprint, but just highlighting a similarity in the billing methodology.

I've been flip-flopping between TMO and Cingular, but after surveying a lot of friends/family here in Houston who travel, access e-mail, etc etc I've pretty much decided on Cingular, for all the reasons you've outlined.

That being said, the fact is that TMO and Verizon are ranked #1 in customer satisfaction (by both JD Power and Consumer Reports) for years running, and I think a major reason for this has to do with the pricing structure.

I'm very encouraged by what you're saying about the new data pricing structures that Cingular will be rolling out (and just in time as I'll be switching to them on June 29, the day after my Sprint contract expires!).

The coverage, # of dropped calls, network speed, and all that stuff may be stellar with Cingular, but when the average working stiff like me gets their phone bill and sees a list of $2.99 for this, another $1.99 for that, on top of the standard phone and data rates, well, that's when people start asking themselves if they can get a better deal elsewhere.

Again though, I'm happy that Cingular seems to be making some positive changes on this front, and I'm excited about soon being one of their customers (or at least, about NOT being one of Sprint's).

Thanks again!