View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashworth
There is a 15-20 minute delay in email reconcilation. The BlackBerry Server only scans the users mailbox every 15 to 20 minutes. Emails marked as read in outlook should reconcile to HH. If it is not working you will want to check the version of mapi on the BES and Exchange, and also check permissions on the service account for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
I don't think this is true. This should be significantly faster than 15-20 minutes - more like within a minute.

Other things to look for:

If Outlook is running in Cached Mode, there may be significant delays. Turn off Cached mode (I think it's a farce anyway. It seems to just be Outlook running in Off Line mode with a very short Send/Receive All cycle).

Make sure the BB has the latest firmware. If it's not up to date - especially if it's running the same major version, but the last set of digits are lower, update the firmware. Minor rev's (where only the last set of digits changes) are usually bug fixes!

The Desktop[CMIME] gets flaky sometimes. I've found it to be more prevalent in Over The Air (OTA) Enterprise Activations (EA). If the user has Desktop 4.1x running (should work with 4.0 too), delete the Desktop[CMIME] Service Book (Options --> Settings --> Service Books), and plug the device up with DM running. The BB will get a new Desktop[CMIME] Service Book. If there's no DM available, a battery pull / reboot should restore it also.

J