View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_jefe
Where are you guys getting your betas from?
Beta 2 and RC1 will be public betas. The version available is the Ultimate edition.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/default.mspx

I've got it running up here at work on an Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0GHz) with 1GB of RAM and some 64MB nVidia video card - works fine, and I don't really notice any unexpected slowness.

Desktop Manager installs just fine on Vista. The drivers provided by RIM install the handheld just fine. The interaction between Vista and the handheld does not work - the handheld is not detected, despite the non-Vista drivers being installed (getting the USB is not sufficient error on the handheld). Desktop Manager is also not compliant with Outlook 2007 Beta 2 (atleast not in cached mode configured for an Exchange-residing mailbox). With Desktop Manager 4.1.1, it atleast will open up - previous versions of BDM just crashed with Office 2007.

At any rate, with the release of Beta 2 to the public for Vista, and RC1 within a few more months, I think RIM needs to jump on the bandwagon and release software and driver support for both Vista and Office 2007. As of now, no new code will be added, thus we're pretty much in the final stages of the OS (bug fixes will be made, but that should affect driver design and support for attached devices).

Last edited by jibi : 06-16-2006 at 10:12 AM.