View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, I finally decided to RTFM. And guess what? You can do some very cool things with pictures in OS 4.0. Even without BES/BWC upgrade. I am running 4.0.0.100.

No, you still can't open pictures attached to email messages -- you'll need to wait for the BES/BWC upgrade for that. BUT -- if you go to a web page with pictures on it, and go to SELECT MODE, you can scroll down to the picture, and you'll see a dotted line around the image. Now, if you click the trackwheel you will get the option to SAVE PICTURE. Give the picture a name, and PRESTO! When you go to the new PICTURES application, the image is listed (actually, it also displays a thumbnail of the image, and gives its size!). You can OPEN (to view full screen), DELETE, or -- SET AS HOME SCREEN, or -- SET AS STANDBY SCREEN!!! This is extremely cool! And moreover, I can now remove my personal image viewer application and reclaim my lost 1MB of storage!!!

Hopefully, these features will be the same with pictures attached to email messages -- but to be honest, the manual actually doesn't say that -- it only refers to images on the web.

When I have a bit more free time I'll write a short review of BrickBreaker on 4.0.0.100. Overall, it's still pretty addictive...but it's a bit buggy, control is not as good, and the color scheme is weak. I've made it to Screen 16 of 34, score of 9420. This time it's all about staying alive. More later.

Ian