| | How good is the 7130c RF ability?
Please Login to Remove!
How good is the 7130c's RF ability?
Earlier this month I put my Blackberry lust aside for a few days and gave Samsung another shot. That was a mistake. Where I live, only my Nokias are able to hang onto wispy RF strong enough to make and hang onto calls.
How does the 7130c rate? What have you observed in bad spots, maybe vs. other phones? I'm not talking about "bars", either... rather, the ability to hang onto a call when the going gets rough.
To give you an idea on what I'm talking about: In the absolute worst spot in the house, the following happens (San Francisco, 1900 MHz):
Some phones I've tested in the past week:
1) Nokia 6230b: 50/50 chance of garble, sometimes drops, but still sounds quite acceptable when it's still holding the call.
2) Nokia 6310i: 25% chance of keeping the call, still sounds great when it does before dropping.
3) Nokia 8890, 6010: Garbles a great deal, then drops.
4) Motorola V60gi, Samsung X820, Pantech C300: No signal or mucho garble. Mostly dropping calls.
5) Blackberry 7130c: ????? not tested yet!
I'd hate to bring home a 7130c only to find that it's an RF slob... but I've heard very few negatives so far around here.
I know I misspelled the title. Forgot the "is". Fixed -d_fisher
Last edited by d_fisher : 07-06-2006 at 03:31 PM.