View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0

First, you mention a couple deal breakers, but I only see one (no out-of-the-box voice dialing). For that, check out some of the third party solutions. Failing that, send a message to [email address] .

The problem with the other devices is then you'd be running up against a "new" deal breaker. Meaning push email and push contact synchronization (although improved in WM5) isn't up to BB and BES standards quite yet. What good is voice dialing with an out-of-rev copy of your address book!

Without the BB, we'd probably be using Treos (at my company). The HP hw6515 (I think that's the model of the PPC 2003 device) might also get consideration.

The only new devices that intruige me are curiously running Symbian (particularly Symbian OS 9.1). But that I am meaning most of the Sony Ericsson line up and some of the Nokia devices. But truth be told I highly doubt devices like the Nokia E61 would even exist without the BB, so I'll remove them from consideration in you hypothical scenario.

There appears to be quite a healthy set of feature development in the SE lineup which on my account seems to be absent from the guys toting Windows Mobile and Palm O/S phones.

Last edited by Aroc : 07-07-2006 at 07:36 AM.