View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #283 (permalink)
cicero
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Post Thanks: 0

It would appear as though I got some bad information here. I went ahead and removed the $20 BB data plan from my account (T-Mobile) thinking that plugging in "wap.voicestream.com" as my APN would still allow me net access (email as well etc). Well, upon doing so I get the dreaded "data connection refused" message at the top of my screen. All email accounts have now disappeared. Not a major deal since I didn't have anything sitting in my inbox I really needed. It's all still on the server anyway. So onto my questions:

What did I do wrong here? A few of you stated that you removed this option and are still able to access the net and email. Perhaps I misunderstood what everyone is saying here. I can add this option again, the extra $20 won't kill me.

Secondly, should I add the BB data plan option back and switch SMS to use GPRS instead of GSM...can I do away with the unlimited text, pix messaging option on my account? I'm hesistant to do so since I use sms quite a bit. Ultimately I want to have my yahoo mail sent to my handheld, and net access. Will the $5.99 T-Mo internet plan suffice? I don't need to sync with an exchange server...if that matters any. Go easy, I'm still new to all this stuff. Thanks for any and all help.

***EDIT***

What is that $20 option called anyway? Is that BIS or BES? On the T-mo site it's just called "BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on". After a bunch of reading, I still don't get what either is or the differences between the two.

Thanks again.

Last edited by cicero : 07-13-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote