View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
pgrokkos
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Dumping my Q for a 7130 - C or E?

Please Login to Remove!

Longtime Blackberry user who was seduced by the appeal of a windows mobile phone. After about a year with a Samsung i730 and the Motorola Q, I have given up. Had to use Goodlink for both which may have been partially responsible for battery life being horrible. With the Q, its actually so bad that you can't get through the day with moderate usage. Can you believe they made a phone that can't even make it though a day on a full night's charge?

Anyway, I've decided battery life and phone quality are key for me. In addition, I need good internet access. I can live with the non-full keyboard that the 7100 series entails I believe (at least I hope). I've got it down to the C with Cingular or the E on Verizon. I live in central Jersery and work in the NYC area.

It seems that the tradeoffs are:

-Cingular will give me better battery life
-Verizon will give me faster internet and email access when on EVDO vs. Edge
-Phone quality should be good on both although some say Verizon's network is better

Are those accurate? Put aside cost for the moment, any big ticket items I'm missing?

Some questions:

Exactly how much better is the battery life?

How bad is internet access with Cingular? For example, can you go to mobile ESPN? Would you even consider going to a regular web site like yahoo? Is internet browsing on the Verizon better? Is internet browsing on the Blackberry even comparable to doing it on a windows mobile device on EVDO?

Thanks for any help.