View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
jaspertchang

Model: 7290
Post Thanks: 0
Default China Mobile to offer BB SIMS

Please Login to Remove!

I was looking around the other day on the China Mobile web site (in Chinese) and found that they have a blackberry service here in Shanghai and is still in its test phase. However, if you are a business here in Shanghai you are able to sign up to exchange any China Mobile SIM card for a BB enabled China Mobile SIM card.

When I called and asked about it in regards to corporate services they said that they don't have any services except to provide a new SIM card. They said the service was for people that already have blackberry service outside of China so that they wouldn't have to pay roaming rates for their calls.

I'm understanding the situation as follows: "if i have a t-mobile/cingular unlimited plan in the USA i can access those BB email accounts accounts via a unlocked BB with a BB configured China Mobile SIM card, and at the same time enjoy not being on roaming for regular phone calls and data service?????" Even more confusing is that they still charge a local fee of about 500MB at 60 USD for data sevice.

Can someone help me clairify this situation cause i miss using my BB