Yes, you can do Verichat from BlackBerry to BlackBerry if you wish. It can be an excellent way to conduct a conversation. Not a dumb question, but an excellent question that other people no doubt want to know more about. There are advantages and disadvantages: Advantages Of Using Verichat Instead Of SMS
Disadvantages of Using Verichat Instead Of SMS
- Some BlackBerry plans have unlimited data (good for Verichat) but not unlimited SMS
- True 2-way chat, you can type while they are messaging you.
- Chat faster, quicker messaging, messages arrive in just 1-2 seconds.
- Multitask multiple conversations
- Group conversations will be possible in an upcoming version of Verichat
- The other end doesn't necessarily require Verichat; it can just be anything that can access the same IM networks that Verichat can. (i.e. AIM, etc)
- Just hit Enter to send message, and you're immediately ready to type the next message
- You can easily chat to someone sitting at a computer too, if you decide to do this later.
- Cheaper than a long distance call
- Annual subscription of ~$35 per year, but this may be cheaper than an "Unlimited" SMS add-on
- Not good if you do not have an unlimited data plan
- Overkill, if you only do infrequent SMS
- Other people need to run Verichat or other instant messaging software too (However, there's a workaround! The other end can setup to send SMS over AIM, if they wish, so they can send an SMS message to your Verichat that way!)