View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t
Post Thanks: 0
Default Download & View MSword Docs, Listen to Full-Length mp3s through device browser

Please Login to Remove!

A user on pinstack posted that (s)he was able to download and listen to full length mp3s through the browser. I confirmed that I can do this on my 7130c on Cingular. I recall that a few weeks ago, mp3s were limited to a certain file size or a certain length. This does not seem to be the case any more. I uploaded an mp3 to a geocities page and was able to download and listen to it. I also attached 2 mp3s to an email to my gmail account (on BIS). I couldn't open the mp3s through the BB messages, but I could download and listen to them through the Gmail html site with the Internet Browser. The pinstakc user said that (s)he could save the mp3s as ringtones. I could not do this. I get an error message saying "Unable to save file." Then the song would be listed in my "tunes" but would not play.

I was also able to access a number of MS word (.doc) files through the internet browser. I don't think I could do this before, either -- I would get a message indicating that the file type was not supported.

Is this part of the new BES. I'm on Cingular and I've had push gmail for a few weeks now. Is it possible that they're just rolling out some additional features now?