View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
obijohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Is it possible to have a choice of a shriller alert (since there is appparently a volume limitation.)
One possibility I've played around with is having a high-pitched chromatic scale ascending very rapidly. This is not really louder but it is more noticeable (the alert is already at 100% volume, some more RIM brain damage in not allowing developers to do what they want). I may add this as an option in a later update.
Quote:
Also having the option of the alert repeating a few times when time has run out would be great.
What I've thought about in this regard is an "annoy me" option, which will cause the alert tone to repeat continuously until manually stopped, similar to an alarm clock which has to be turned off once the alarm sounds. It could also go into a kind of "haywire" mode after a certain period of time, playing random notes all over the place instead of just repeating the same tune over and over. Anyway, this kind of thing is definitely doable in the next update.
Quote:
Just suggestions. The app is already excellent.
Thanks, glad you like it! And keep the suggestions coming (within reason, of course; I don't want to overload the thing with features to the point where it's no longer simple and easy to use).
Offline   Reply With Quote