| | Setting a Custom Ringtone
I have about 100 .mp3 files saved to my phone and more than half of those are assigned to individual entires (I pick a song that reminds me of that person). This is how I did it:
1) Load individual files via BB Desktop Manager into the RINGTONES folder on the SD card. When you plug your Pearl into the comp via the USB, it might ask you if you want to diable Mass Media Storage. Choose NO.
2) Go into the ADDRESS BOOK (not the CALL LOG) and find the individual you'd like to have a custom ring tone.
3) Click on the MENU button and scroll down to EDIT.
4)When you are in the EDIT ADDRESS window, click the trackball once and select ADD CUSTOM PHONE TUNE.
5) It will automatically bring you down to CUSTOM PHONE TUNE and click on the default ringer.
6) A new Menu will appear with the Ringers you have installed on it as well as the default tones that are available. If you do not see your ringtones, scroll up to BROWSE and open your Media Card file and then select the ringtone you want.
7) SAVE the changes and you're set.
I have not had any trouble setting up any of these ringtones and they all work properly.
Some quirky stuff:
- I changed my profile settings so that when it is on vibrate and tone, it will vibrate only ONCE before the ringtone starts. I believe it defaults at 3 and that was very annoying.
- Some of my ringers are a bit longer (like the Bee Gee's How Deep is Your Love =P) so if I have my SMS msgs set to a longer ringtone, even after I've read the message, it will continue to play until the file is done. It doesn't stop once I've read it! VERY annoying.