View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
FroogleThis
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz
i have not received my 8700c yet and posts like this make me worried..

is there a way to disable the full QWERTY keyboard on the 8700 so its just like the 7290 where i complete my own words ??

also what about the new 8700 dont you like??? the keyboard layout seems different but functionality seems to be the same, not like other BB's where 2 letters are on one keypad
1.Nothing to worry about really, these are personal opinions which may not bother you. Return it if you decide you don't like it.

2.I think the poster meant the form of the 72xx keypad. it had flatter, softer keys. Unless you are talking about SureType, which isn't available on full QWERTY BB's.

3. I LOVE the 8700c I have. It's definitely the better (came from 7250 on Verizon). The Front Convenience Key and Left Convenience key's (as well as the Send/End Phone Keys) are my favorite feature (in terms of physical), I have the Left one assigned as a Shortcut to my Address Book and the Front one set as Lock. 2 Icons I can hide/move to the bottom! The only thing I hate is the price. I got insurance on my line, because $2.99/month definitely pays itself off in the event I do what I do best.