View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxchick
Thanks - not that I am happy there are others sharing my pain, but I appreciate your feedback and it helps knowing there is probably something up on the server side. I spent an hour with Verizon who swore that it was my mail server (where i was sending the messages from). Of course, it did not help that when he sent a message it came right through!

I get a second copy of every work email sent to my blackberry.net address. I am up to almost a 2 hour delay. And this is from everyone - so I know it is more than my server. I have had random people outside my company (or state) email my blackberry directly with still this notable delay.

I am elevating with Verizon. Will try and remove and readd the address - did you do that in the BIS web client?

thanks!
It is quite possible that your company's exchange server is causing the delay.

The best test you can do to determine if it's your company's exchange server would be to send two emails from an outside account. One directly to you @vzw.blackberry.net account, and another to your work account taht forwards to the same @vzw.blackberry.net account.

If the direct email arrives right away, and the one addressed to your work email lags quite a bit behind, there is a decent chance that it's something that you need to bring up with your IT department.