View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default More detail needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE
Thank you for interest in our software!

You can make voice calls via SHAPE Services' IM+ for Skype Software using SkypeOut service.
SkypeOut is your personal account where you can add Skype credit to make and receive calls in IM+ for Skype Software. Skype credit is necessary for any incoming or outgoing calls. The calling rates with IM+ for Skype Software are by far a lot cheaper than regular phone calls.

See more details on our Web-site:
SHAPE Services - Products :: Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN, Yahoo!, AOL, ICQ, Jabber, LCS, Sametime

Victoria
SHAPE Services
Victoria,

This is quite confusing. I am well aware of Skype, I use it all the time on the desktop and have SkypOut account but there is no documentation on how this works. Does the Skype application have to be running on the PC with the desktop manager? Are you using data for the call? How does it work with GPRS data rates? I am quite happy to try it but not if I have to install and uninstall a bunch of stuff, I would rather understand it better before proceeding. I already use IM+ for the other services. I look forward to hearing from you.