View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default great news

downloading and installing as I am typing this, I will be using it extensively the next few days so i will let you know what I find. Would you prefer I post my issues here or email them directly to the support email?

Edit 1: Installation on the desktop was easy. Installation on the handheld was a nightmare. I have IM+ installed, I got duplicate files, got errors of all sorts. Deleted IM+ for Skype and then IM+. Trying to reinstall both from scratch.

Edit 2: Reinstalled everything. I still get an error with IM+ for Skype. Error on my 8700V is as follows "Error starting im_skype:Class 'de.shapeservices.bb_connect.AutoConfig$AutoConfig Listener' not found

Edit 3: Okay, I did another desktop sync and then launched the Desktop Application Launcher and I noticed that under the IM+ tree the file im_common was unchecked and automatically selected to delete. There is the same file under the IM+ for Skype tree so I let it delete it. Now neither IM+ or IM+ for Skype works they both give a similar error. The errors are:

Error starting im_skype: Module 'im_common' not found.

The other error is:

Error starting IM_2_BES: Module 'im_common' not found.

But if I go under Module in Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications there is indeed no file called im_common but there is one called im_common_utility. When I looked in Application Launcher at the version of im_common that is was going to delete under IM+ it was 1.2.8, and the one listed as im_common that was under IM+ for Skype was listed as version 1.3 The version number of im_common_utility is 1.3 so is it just that the file has the wrong name under modules?

Any ideas Shape Services?
BlackBerry 9530, trying, come on baby please don't media card me

Last edited by bjchantry : 11-23-2006 at 02:22 PM.