View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default great news

Victoria,

downloading and installing as I am typing this, I will be using it extensively the next few days so i will let you know what I find. Would you prefer I post my issues here or email them directly to the support email?

Bruce

Edit 1: Installation on the desktop was easy. Installation on the handheld was a nightmare. I have IM+ installed, I got duplicate files, got errors of all sorts. Deleted IM+ for Skype and then IM+. Trying to reinstall both from scratch.

Edit 2: Reinstalled everything. I still get an error with IM+ for Skype. Error on my 8700V is as follows "Error starting im_skype:Class 'de.shapeservices.bb_connect.AutoConfig$AutoConfig Listener' not found

Edit 3: Okay, I did another desktop sync and then launched the Desktop Application Launcher and I noticed that under the IM+ tree the file im_common was unchecked and automatically selected to delete. There is the same file under the IM+ for Skype tree so I let it delete it. Now neither IM+ or IM+ for Skype works they both give a similar error. The errors are:

Error starting im_skype: Module 'im_common' not found.

The other error is:

Error starting IM_2_BES: Module 'im_common' not found.

But if I go under Module in Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications there is indeed no file called im_common but there is one called im_common_utility. When I looked in Application Launcher at the version of im_common that is was going to delete under IM+ it was 1.2.8, and the one listed as im_common that was under IM+ for Skype was listed as version 1.3 The version number of im_common_utility is 1.3 so is it just that the file has the wrong name under modules?

Any ideas Shape Services?

Last edited by bjchantry : 11-23-2006 at 02:22 PM.