View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
SpeedDemon44

Model: 7520
Post Thanks: 0
Default Decryption Failure

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all -

I saw this discussed in one other thred, but my problem still exists. The only time I see the error is when someone else sends me a PIN message. The PIN message is coming from another Blackberry user. He has another provider (not sure who) and is on a BES. I use Nextel and am not on a BES (thus shouldn't even have an encryption key I thought). I do not have a redirector on my Desktop Manager and under Security > Services, it says '*** No Services ***'. Email and MMS messages work fine. I don't have anyone else to send me a test PIN so I don't know if it's just from him or if this would happen with all PIN messages. I can send him PINs and they go through fine. When he sends me a PIN, it shows him that his message was delivered, but on my end, I get a breif message that says "Decryption failure, please regenerate a new key."

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I looked at the public kbase at bberry.com and came up with the same suggestions that were in the other thread on this. Without services and without a redirector, I don't know what to do.

Nextel Bleackberry 7520 - OS 4.1.0.273
Desktop Manager v4.2.0.10

Thanks in advance!