View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
fluxt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Oh man, so have I got a story about price matching.

So I went and bought a Pearl last week at a T-Mobile-owned store, full price and everything. As I was surfing the forums this week, I saw this thread. I decided to give the guy who I bought the phone from a call, to see if he would price match Amazon.com. He said no, because there were a variety of restrictions on Amazon.com and that I could order from them if I was willing to live with those restrictions.

I then saw there was the deal listed about at 1shopwireless. I decided to call up a different store and see if I got a similar response. I acted as if I were a new customer and asked if they could match the price if I brought in the offer. The guy said yes, I would have to pay the $250 upfront, but I would get a $150 credit, then plus the $50 rebate I would get the phone for $50. Great. I decided as a courtesy to call up the guy I had originally bought the phone from again. I mentioned I had found another deal that wasn't Amazon.com, and that another store had agreed to match it.

Man was he upset. He started babbling about how corporate stores aren't allowed to undercut one another, how he was going to call the district manager and talk to the manager at the other store! I'm on the phone like, what the hell do I care, you guys work your own stuff out. I'm returning the phone until you can get your act together.

So maybe I'll order the phone from Amazon.com with Cingular service.