View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
yo_fishy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Unable to delete Filed Message

Please Login to Remove!

I have user who has a message that he is unable to delete. I'm trying to avoid hooking up to desktop software and clearing all the messages. I have fixed it like this before but I've noticed that it clears "all" messages including "saved" and anything that has been filed to folders on the Blackberry. Plus, reconciling those folders doesn't bring them back either. Hide Filed messages is set to yes but that doesn't get rid of it either.

I was able to duplicate the issue on my BB by trying to file a message from my inbox to the sent folder. It turned the mail icon to the left of the message to a folder showing it was filed but I was unable to delete, move to another folder. Blowing out the the device also fixes this but I'm trying to avoid that too. I hooked up the device to desktop software and tried just clearing the folders but that did not work. I cleared the messages on mine through desktop and that fixed it. Anyone ever see anything like this or have a fix that a user can do remotely from there BB if they are unable to use DM. User is on a BES 4.0 server and is using an 8700c. Any help is much appreciated.