View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Parker Rose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Post Thanks: 0

I don't have a Mac, but a PC, but I used the freekey direct download to the 8700c. Although the PDF manual that is available online speaks of codes to be entered, etc., none of that happened. I used the BB 8700c to download the driver directly. The "Freedom Universal Keyboard" driver was installed, but at no time before, during or after the installation process was there any prompt for a code of any kind.

This is the only bluetooth device that I have come across that has this ridiculous procedure. On all other devices I have used, you pair the device and that is that.

Freedom Keyboard has worthless tech suport as far as I can see. Absolute zip from them. We have written the vendor from whom this was purchased and told them the problem, but nothing yet (and there may not be anything until Tuesday the 26th).

I cannot express the contempt I have for companies that purport to be cutting edge high tech and then fail to follow up with what seems to be a routine question.

Anyway, sorry about the rant. If worse comes to worst, we can always challenge the credit charge on the card, but that hardly solves the actual problem.

PR