View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
tr4driver
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinatra
Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply. I have nothing in my Service Book. I did call Cingular last night and they told me to reboot the phone and I should be all set. They then said they would call me back on my bbry to complete whatever they were doing, but they never called me back. To top it all off, I was getting "high-level" technical support from some girl who was painting her nails and smacking bubble gum as she was talking to me. Ugh.

When I call them, what should I expect for them to do for me? How much does it cost for the cheapest Blackberry plan? Can i just use pay-per-SMS and pay-per-KB??

hey...one more quick thing: when will version 4.2 come out for cingular?

Thanks again.
Unfortunately, I don't think your existing data plan will work. You'll have to sign up for a Blackberry specific plan. The cheapest one they have in my area is $29.99 (after a $5.00 discount for a voice plan). I don't think it includes text messages (SMS).

That's the only complaint I have about the BB... the cost of the plan. I had a $9.99 data plan with my old phone that would have worked fine for me. I doubt I would have ever busted out to $29.99 worth of overuse. However, with my unlimited plan, I'm using the heck out of it (to make sure I get my money's worth! <grin>).

Good luck!

Kurtis