View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 03:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Scud
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie115
I'm going to try and get Opera mini, I know this seems like a me being lazy to use the seach function but after putting in the keywords Opera mini there are lots of threads with just Opera mini problems (which makes me wonder if there are any problems I should know that are unresolved that may want to make me not want to get it) can anyone give me the website where I can download it and can someone tell me which version OS must I have to use it?
Apparently I'm not allowed to post URLs to sites yet but just go to google and search for Opera Mini. The first result is the link you want to go to on your BlackBerry. Once there, you will be able to download the program. It doesn't take any time at all. I just downloaded it today and I do like the GUI better than the default browser.

One thing I don't like about Opera Mini is that there is a bar on the bottom of the screen that displays commands on the left and right side (ie: "Menu" on the left and "Back" on the right). I get the impression they are there because they're meant to work with the phone's softkeys but obviously not all cell phones would be configured to make use of it and the BlackBerry 8100 is one of them. So I'd really just prefer if they weren't there at all. But that's a very minor gripe, obviously.

I really haven't used it long enough to discover anything else but I think it's definitely worth downloading and trying out. If you don't think Opera Mini offers any improvement over the regular browser, just delete it