View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
chanesworth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Tmobile
Post Thanks: 0

I think that I have figured a few things out. First of I have a 8700g and am on a BES via my work. One filter that I have is one that lets me know when my boss sends me an email. I have it set as a Level 1 so that my phone will vibrate when my BB is in the holster. My boss always sends me emails to my work (groupwise) email address. This filter works with no problems. I then tried to set up a filter so my phone would vibrate when my wife sends me an email. Again, I set up a filter that would forward any emails from her email address as a Level 1. My phone would not vibrate when she sent me emails. I then realized that my wife was sending emails to either my gmail or my tmobile accounts. She was not sending emails to my work (groupwise) account. I then had her send me an email to my groupwise email address and it did vibrate. So it seems that I can only set filters that will effect my work email not other email accounts. I assume that is because I am on a BES. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

Craig