View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
wangta01
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Level 1 Messages and Gmail

Please Login to Remove!

I have tried repeatedly to have my gmail emails forwarded as LEVEL 1 messages without success. In the desktop manager, under email settings, I have added my [email address] along with one other BIS related account in addition to my Gmail account (total of 3). Both the cingular and the other email account ARE forwarded as level 1 - but NOT the gmail!!!!

These are my steps - please someone tell me where i went wrong.

1. Desktop Manager
2. Tab - Filters
3. Check "level 1 msg"
4. Hit EDIT
5. Check "SENT TO" and add the email addresses that you want forwarded as Level 1 (IE: if an email is sent TO that address, it will be forwarded as level 1). So i added my emails as such: [email address]; [email address]; [email address]

Both [email address] AND [email address] ARE forwarded as Level 1! But not the gmail! I've tried removing the [email address] AND [email address] from the list, but gmail still doesn't get forwarded.

Can someone help me with this? FYI: the reason I have this setting, is so I know when i get personal emails. I have my settings on my blackberry so that normal work emails on BES don't beep (since i'm sitting in front my computer), but want to know when I get personal emails at any of my three personal accounts (messages volume = off, level 1 messages = on). My gmail is my most important one, and its driving me crazy that I don't get notified when i receive something!