View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerotrek
I bought a Blackberry 8703e for myself through my company as Verizon had a 17% discount on the monthly plan and the phone was free for employees of my company. I used it for a few months and it was great. After suing the phone a couple of months my company offered to add my work e-mail to my phone.

Little did I realize the security changes that would be made. I no longer can send text messages. I cannot send outgoing emails except from my work email address. I cannot add any other email accounts to receive email from my personal email accounts. I have to enter a password to read my email if the phone is inactive for 30 minutes. The password has to be so complicated that you pretty much cannot enter it while driving, so I cannot read my new emails while driving.

I was hoping someone knew a way to override or deactivate these security changes?

Thank you.
You could always ask to have your company take you off the BES and you can have the BB back to how it was before. Since it seems they have restrictive policies, your choices are work email with restrictions on the BB or no work emails and it unrestricted.