Well, I just found that issue for the first time.
I did what The DarkSheppard suggest but no luck.
The problem was when sync the Addressbook and it just stopped and gave that message.
So what I thought there must be something that might be corrupt or something.
To fix, I created a new Contact folder as a temporary place (lets call it Temp) then I moved the whole contacts from default Mailbox Contact (I am using Outlook 2003) to Temp. Them move bit by bit (it is up to you, you can do it per 10 or 30 or whatever you want) the contacts from Temp to Contact then try to sync the Addressbook only since the Address book which had a problem.
So move then sync.
In my case, there were 2 duplicated of contacts that somehow the 8707v didn't like it to sync.
In the contacts there were 2 same full name but different "File As:"
First Contact: Full Name: Sarah Ellis File As: Sarah Ellis
Second Contact: Full Name: Sarah Ellis Files As: Ellis, Sarah
Fix this contacts, then BBerry sync smoothly.
In the process of moving the contacts bit by bit, Outlook found this duplication and ask to merge or update.
I hope it is clear enough for you to understand.