View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
BBAddict8100
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
My understanding from years of using cell phones is that the indicators are at best imprecise estimates.

In other words, one cannot and should not rely on them to accurately indicate the actual power remaining.

As a testament to the inaccuracy of the Pearl's battery indicators, try this. In voice dialing say "check battery." Take note of that. Then do the <alt> <race> and check the <battery level>. The look at the home screen's battery graphic. All will be different.

I did the above and voice dialing said "75%" alt race said 85% and the battery graphic indicated about two bars [the graphic is not meant to be anything more than a quick reference].

I did think it interesting that the voice statement was 10% off from the percentage indicator in the <options> <status> or <alt race> percentage. Where is the voice indicator getting its info from?
Thanks I only noticed this with the new battery, it was indicating fine with the regular battery...anyways thanks again. Still love my extended battery and would not go back to the regular battery..