View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Post Thanks: 0
Default RE: question & feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus
Excellent addition! TodoMatrix is the most powerful application for my blackberry.

The email and call functions are very useful.

Thank you for the fix with double-byte encoding (Chinese) data. You have delivered everything that you promised.

A quick question:
Since TodoMatrix becomes so powerful that it integrates all major components of BB, have you considered to increase the character limitation so that it won't be a problem to add a long email to TodoMatrix? I often get the "FIELD FULL" error message when I inject an email to TodoMatrix.

A feedback:
The email injection does not work well with HTML emails.

Great job, Rex Team!
RE: Field Full, todoMatrix will continue to have a field limit into the future and ideaMatrix will not - we remain focused on keeping todoMatrix really quick, even as a person passes hundreds of folders and thousands of tasks in their Matrix. There are substantial differences between tuning the underlying databases, especially as we add more dimensions in the upcoming 5D releases. We would suggest injecting full e-mails into ideaMatrix, not todoMatrix, and using your inject "E-Mail Headers + Clipboard" option from todoMatrix to capture the key nugget of data needed for followup. ideaMatrix offers a basic alert so it can be used as a reminder if needed.

RE: html e-mail injection, we inject what the e-mail program sends us, and use the standard BlackBerry edit/view control to display it. We will look at ways to improve and process html injection in the coming months but don't expect that our programs will render full html soon - the more likely scenario is converting html into straightforward text.

Thanks a lot!

-- the REXguys