View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #85 (permalink)
mjalkut

Model: 8703e
Carrier: sprint
Post Thanks: 0

Hi, I just got my BB and tried to get Cingular to turn on "BlackBerry Personal Unlimited" as advertized on their website for $34.95.

On the first call, I chose to talk to the "email/internet" issues person via the touch tone select. They were rude, intimidating, and suggested I was trying too cheat the system if I wanted unlimited for anything less than $49.95.

On the second call, I tried sales. I got a newbie who had to continue to put me on hold and ask her manager for help. Between the two of them, they couldn't find anywhere that said BB plans were $34.95. I kept telling them to simply look on their web page. First they gave me the story that the web prices were for the east coast and I am on the west coast. When I wouldn't accept that answer, they tried to tell me the web prices don't reflect the actual updated prices. I rejected that. They kept me on the phone for an hour, repeatedly returning with yet another nonsense story about why I was wrong. I held my ground. The newbie finally told me I was being beligerant and that she was trying her best to get what I wanted; but getting mad would not help. I hadn't gotten mad at all. Finally after another long hold break she came back and said it was turned on, $34.95, unlimited. I turned on the BB and indeed it worked.