View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Model: 7290
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default help! some email text arrives as (unopenable) attachment

Please Login to Remove!

I am experiencing a mystery with my BB 7290 (3.8 ). I do not have BES or anything but use the simple mail push or whatever through Cingular. In any event I don't have problem getting emails, just with some emails that I get and can't be read.

In a nutshell, I can duplicate the problem with a coworker who sends me email from Outlook. He has an elaborate .sig for his email which includes graphics and I believe email is set as HTML because of that. Anyhow, when he sends me email from Outlook what I see in my BB is his name, subject, and then

application: multipart/mixed

But there is no way (no option to do anything with the attachment) to view what he actually wrote me, textwise. I could care less about seeing his funky .sig but not getting his email content is a problem. When he emails me from his own phone (A Treo) I can see his email as text just fine.

Any thoughts? (Obviously I could encourage him to nix the .sig but I'm hoping there is some way I can either view the attachment or otherwise display the contents of his emails up to the point of his .sig.