View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Also, let me state that I do not think you are reading the knowledge base article correctly. Prior to BES 4.0, more than one virtual server could exist on the same physical server. This is what the article means by stating 'subsequent installations'. With BES 4.0, only one virtual server can exist on each physical server (better coding, better management, better handling of users), thus there will be no 'subsequent installation' in the terminology usage of previous versions of BES. This is why you can see that in the GlobalSettings table, '3200' is the value of the 'NextExternalServicesPort' column, despite '3200' already being the value of the 'ExternalServicesPort' currently in use.

Hope that makes sense. For your reasoning behind the need to change the port, I do not think the knowledge base article should be applied to your issue with BES 4.0. Try upgrading to SP1 to see if it fixes the issue. There is also another method by dropping the database and recreating it that may fix the issue as well (there is either a knowledge base article on blackberry.com or a thread in this forum that describes this process).