Thread: Venicom Tmobile
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
bdarrin

Model: 7100t
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
Unfortunately I called to confirm the deal after receiving my 7100t from Venicom and reading the agreement letter sealing the carton. It stated that you can NOT tranfer an existing Tmobile number to the new 7100t without a substantial fee. I called the listed number and explained to the customer service rep that one of their salespeople had stated that I could tranfer my number. She apologized for the sales person's statement and said "he will be in significant trouble", and confirmed that I would not be able to transfer my existing TMo number. She offered to refund the $20 shipping charge on the purchase as well as pay for the return, if I did not want to use the new number. In the end, I ended up keeping the phone (and great deal) and sent an email to everyone that I want to have my cell number (and not to those who have my current # but I would rather didn't). So, if you are willing to change your number, the Venicom deal represents significant savings. If not, pass.
I got ummm burned on this too. The sales person said I could talk to T-mobile after the activation to port my number and activate my enterprise email so I did and now... a year later my rebates have been cancelled and they are trying to charge me $449.00 for "changing my account" even though I was instructed to do so by the sales agent.

I logged a complaint with the Better Biz B and I'd recommend anyone else in this situation do the same!

Thanks
Ben