View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
andrej770
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangta01
What? How is this possible?

Lets just say hypothetically - I broke my blackberry, 2 months after warranty expired. I am now phoneless. So what are my options from Cingular's perspective - I have to buy another phone! Why would i do this if I didn't get the typical warranty that goes along with buying a new product?

I find this to be so irrational that it can't be true...but then again, this is Cingular we're talking about....AIGOO!
Yes! You would have to buy another phone! You don't have a 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty here. - Change that expectation! If you did not buy it from the retailer and they offer a warranty and/or your cell provider does not provide equipment protection, you are SOL (simply out of luck). You can put it on your personal property insurance, but is it worth the deductible if you lose it? I am on T-Mobile and they DO have equipment protection plans for their Smartphones. If you lose or break it, you pay a deductible and they send you another new or refurbished model. But it has to be a model they offer and support. You can use any GSM phone with t-mobile, but they will only put equipment protection plans on the same phones THEY SALE and are typically T-mobile branded phones.

Last edited by andrej770 : 02-21-2007 at 02:17 AM.