View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Originally Posted by wangta01
? I think we're getting confused. The original question posed by this thread - if I were to buy an 8800c tomorrow (my 8700 broke - i am phoneless), will i get the typical 1-year warranty for it if i buy it outright, WITHOUT a 2-year or 1-year contract (IE: Retail for $499)? Someone mentioned above that no, there is NO warranty for ANY phone purchased WITHOUT a contract!

hence my question - why would i feel secure buying another phone from cingular for retail (since I cannot buy another contract, i still have 10 months left on my 2 year) if they don't come with a warranty!?
Here is a trick I used today seeing I still had 10 months left also. Verizon offers the company I work for 20% off on monthly plans, Cingular does not. I called and told them I was thinking about cancelling my contract. She went throguh her whole script and I said well that doesnt work. i said could you give me the upgrade price on the new 8800? She said If I did would you stay with us? i said yes. She said hold on let me note your account. Simple as that. took about 15 minutes.