View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
bollar
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Several
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD
Yes. Here's the exact instructions.
  1. Run Desktop Manager. The first time I did, it wanted to update the firmware - not sure why, but if it doesn't, just run the Application Loader. BlackBerry Maps will appear in the applications list unchecked. Check the box and proceed with the application loader.
BlackBerry Maps will now be installed. You have to turn on GPS under (Settings) Options --> Advanced Options --> GPRS and refresh your location if you're outside. In Maps (the name of the app), go to Options and make sure it had GPRS set to Internal GPS, and you may want to change the Disable Backlight... percentage from its default 100% of battery power!
It heartens me to know that it works for you and I hope I can figure out what's up with my installation. I had already installed as per the instructions you left, but while GPS works in settings: advanced options: gps, and Telenav works, it does not work in BB Maps. The old version worked okay, so no doubt there's something I did which has screwed things up. I've done a couple of uninstall, reboot, reinstalls, so I'm out of ideas.