View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
berry-bum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Calendar help :-(

Please Login to Remove!

PLEASE help me. If I wasn't bald, I would be pulling my hair out. I have searched for months, and found no acceptable answer. I am in sales. So, I work on an appointment basis. For some reason, my Blackberry wont play nice with Outlook. I would switch to Palm Desktop. But, that doesn't sync with the Blackberry. Here is the problem: the times of my appointments keep changing.

My laptop is set to GMT-5, eastern time. Outlook and my 8700 are also set that way. Everything is set to NOT adjust for daylight savings time. Intellisync is NOT set to update the time on my 8700. So, why is it that if I create an appointment on the 8700, the times change when I sync?

Please understand, I do travel in different time zones. But, when I set an appointment in San Diego or Boston for 3pm, I know what time it is when I get there. I don't need the appointment and reminder being off by an hour. I don't need my 'all day' events moving to 11pm, and covering 2 days. I don't need a system that I have to keep checking and correcting.

I need a real solution. If there isn't one, then I may have to go back to the Treo or PPC. I love my Blackberry. But, right now, it's costing me money...

I have tried Gcal Sync. I have tried offsetting the time on my 8700. I have tried every suggestion found in the posts. They both caused more trouble. I need a REAL and stable solution. Any ideas?

8700G- v4.2.1.101

Last edited by berry-bum : 02-27-2007 at 06:51 AM.