View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
nostril
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
nostril's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston TX
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Similar problem

I had a similar problem on Tmobile in the US. I initially was able to connect as a tethered modem to T-mo but when I tried to reconnect I got an "error code 736" The forums indicated either dealing with the ISP to enable settings or correcting the modem settings, neither of which made sense since I had already connected without those modifications...
I ultimately solved the issue when I created a new dial up profile. I discovered that the custom t-mobile initialization string had disappeared. I re-entered it used 899# as my dial up number w/o any user-name or password and I am logged on right now using that connection! I hope you find this useful!
Offline