Thread: 8800 Videos
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
baconismidog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0
Default Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbSkull
I produce TV and radio commercials and need to send approval versions to my boss's BB 8800 when he is out of town. I have versions that will play on my BB 8800, but I can't figure out how to send them.

I can successfully email .wav files and they play as an email attachment.

The .mp3 attachment shows up, but won't play.

The .mp4 (video) attachment doesn't even show up, although it will play if I copy it to my media card via my USB connection.

I've also tried using an FTP site and an extranet. I couldn't open the FTP site at all (which didn't surprise me) and I was able to navigate to the spots via the extranet, but couldn't find any "save target as" type of option.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Darb
How big are they? You can't download anything to the Blackberry bigger than 5mb. Your boss will probably have to login to another resource and then transfer them to his blackberry from a computer. You can use any of several online file sharing repositories (quicksharing.com, yousendit) but if these are proprietary or personal I would not use a sharing repository. You will probably have to set up a FTP or FTPS site and let him use that. If using FTP have him login with Filezilla (free) and transfer the files using the Desktop Manager. I have also recently built an application that will transfer files to the blackberry if you don't want him to or he doesn't have the desktop manager on his computer.

Basically, I am assuming that he has a laptop or access to one. If not, he will want to get creative with coffe-shop and internet-cafe access...
Offline   Reply With Quote