View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
churchill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 2423A5E5
Carrier: tmobile
Post Thanks: 0

I came over to the Blackberry world, specifically to the 8100, from the windows mobile 5 world,from both a tmobile mda and dash. While HTC did a fine job making great hardware, especially the dash, WM 5.0 was the most frustrating user experience I've ever had. It was worse than having win 98 in your pocket. I finally got fed up and bought an 8100 on ebay, swapped the sim out of my dash, changed my plan and my life has improved 100%. I can now type on suretype amazingly fast, things set up without making you pull your hair out, I havent modified a registry in months and aside from the small mem leak that requires me to use soft reset about every other week, the phone is perfect. I like the form factor, even though its smaller, and the only criticism I can make is that the track ball assembly is slightly delicate so I would suggest you consider a case for it that covers the front if you are going to carry it in your pocket. Other than that its easily the best and easiest to use phone I've ever had.