I have been a qwerty lover and user for quite some time.... I recently figured I would give the 8100 a try until the 8800 came out... I had it 2 days and sent it back!
Then about 2 months later I again figured I would give it a try and this time I told myself I would give it 2 weeks of exclusive use before deciding...
After a week I loved the little thing! Never sent it back and sold my 8700!
My issues the 1st time I had it was Suretype and keyboard size (I have big hands) The 1sr tine I had the 8100 I did not give it enough time for me to adjust from the larger device size of the 8700 and going from qwerty to suretype.
My suggestion is to give it a week or so before deciding.. I am glad I did the 2nd time around with the 8100 as I have even decided to skip the 8800 now as I am really enjoying the 8100!!!
Hope this helps!