View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
MitzEclipse
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile USA, Vodaphone UK
Post Thanks: 0
Question BB8700G - Mail Delivery Problems via Yahoo - Please Help

Please Login to Remove!

BB8700G - Mail Delivery Problems via Yahoo - Please Help

Hi All,

I have a BlackBerry 8700g, T-Mobile Branded, running the latest desktop manager software and blackberry OS software downloaded directly from T-Mobile.com. My T-Mobile account is Seattle, WA based, however, I am now roaming in London using either T-Mobile UK or Vodaphone UK.

I have been roaming using the blackberry data package plus unlimited International Roaming add-on for the last year now. Within the last week, I have had significant problems with emails being delivered late. I am using Yahoo Mail to send and receive mail - no other accounts or corporate email accounts are linked to my blackberry.

Instead of the email being sent directly to me once it has been received by Yahoo, it gets 'queued up'. Meaning I won't receive the email until another email comes in. Therefore i will receive my email in batches - i'll get like 4 or 5 at a time, but they have all been sent at different times. Some sent 5 hours ago! Rather annoying , especially for a long time blackberry user!

I don't believe it's because i'm roaming because I roam in several different countries a month and i'm using multiple carriers in the UK to figure out if it's just a specific carrier. But as said earlier, I have been roaming for the past year without any problems.

I have not installed any new software (other than the BB operating system to ensure i'm on the newest version as well as the DST patch). In fact, I have no 3rd party applications except for gmaps.

I've talked to t-mobile tech support - they've had me add/remove the yahoo account on the t-mobile website, resend the service books from the handheld, and resend service books from their end. Still doesn't resolve any issues. They've even forwarded me to Blackberry Techsupport in canada, but we went through the same trouble shooting methods without resolution.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions? Thank you in advance.